What we refer to as E-commerce is a transaction (either buying or selling) which is carried out entirely online, using technologies such as mobile commerce or internet marketing to do so. Normally such transactions are carried out over the internet, but some companies still make use of email. E-commerce can employ various forms of transactions, including:
- Business-to-business (B2B) electronic data interchange
- Business-to-business buying and selling
- Online financial exchanges for currency exchanges or trading purposes
The most recent version of Magento, Enterprise Edition 2.1, has many different features which it is hoped will simplify and make easier the use of the various E-commerce sites which exist – for both customers and retailers. New features include new staging and preview protocols which will allow both customer and retailer to preview up-and-coming products. It also boasts new ways to write descriptions and promotions and a timeline widget which allows both sides to see what is scheduled to happen to the site itself, which is particularly helpful for retailers as it will allow for easier information tracking. A Magento development company can easily show you the best ways in which to use the framework and its new features to your own benefit.
Features of Magento
There are various new and improved features in Enterprise Edition 2.1, all of which have been made for the simplification of the Ecommerce process. Below are a few of the main features:
- The business management tools in Magento have been much more intuitive, in a move which aims to simplify the process of using the framework
- The Customer Segmentation and Personalisation feature allows users to create a shopping site which will automatically customise itself to every individual customer for a unique experience.
- The Responsive Design Themes allow for the creation of sites which reconfigure themselves depending on what type of device they are being viewed on. Not only does this allow for much time saved because separate sites don’t have to be made for each type of device, but the waiting time for customers is substantially reduced.
- ElasticSearch allows for searches to be carried out much more quickly, and over a much broader area; one which includes both customers and merchandise.
- The Multiple Master Databases allow for multiple databases to be used, instead of the retailer and customer having to rely on only one for all their needs. This lets the data from the site be kept and stored in a number of different ways, ensuring security. A Magento web development company can show you the best ways in which to cross-reference data to avoid it being lost entirely.
- The Dynamic Rule-Based Product Relations allow retailers to expand upon their rules for which products should and should not come up in the individualised recommendations for customers to try (if there are any).
- The Powerful Admin Experience grants new power to admins over the dashboards, making them much easier to use to control and customise the site or sites which are using the Magento framework.
- The new Search Engine Optimisation feature allows users of the Magento framework to create a sitemap which automatically generates SEO-friendly URLs.
- The Site and Content Management feature allows for added functionality to allow for the catching of log-ins from robots and spam software, and also allows for the creation of effective disposal mechanisms.
- Customer Improvements – improving customers’ experience of using the E-commerce website in question through various means.
- The Content Staging and Preview allows people on both sides of the site to view content before it becomes official and makes its debut on the site.
- The Visual Merchandising is a new way of grouping products which will make them more accessible to customers, and also to show them products that they might not otherwise have searched for.
- The Technical and Account Support expands the ways in which tech support can be offered to customers, allowing for extra help and support to customers.
- The Promotional and Pricing features allow for the offer of free shipping and discounts, while also providing the means to send reminders and calling cards to certain customers.
- Product Browsing – show multiple images per product\display product videos from YouTube or Vimeo.
E-commerce is a method of conducting transactions which takes place entirely over the internet, via a variety of means, including emails. Magento has just released a new version of itself – Enterprise Edition 2.1 – which makes E-commerce much easier for retailer and customer alike. There a variety of new features, including new databases, search methods, product filing and classification systems, and Magento development companies will be able to show you how to properly incorporate the new features into any existing ventures. The aim of Enterprise Edition 2.1 is, as has been said, to make things easier for everyone, but also to continue to modify and update the system as a whole as increased digitalisation takes place.