If you are planning to start a new startup business in the ecommerce world, you must be well- aware of the evolution of the digital world since past 3-4 years and its destination heading. There are various aspects and features in grooming the digital ecommerce world. Let’s have a look on the aspects highlighting the evolution of ecommerce and its future.
- Artificial intelligence
An artificial intelligence has entered the ecommerce world to predict the customer’s hit list. The features depicting the artificial intelligence are the re-order and subscription feature. This feature is truly meant to offer a personalized shopping based on your previous shopping preferences.
The various advancements from the past few years can be visualized through the chat integrated system or call-to-action customizations to have their user better shopping experience.
- Digital wallets
The digital wallets are highly attractive to the customers. This lucrative feature is added to the ecommerce sites to have a newer version of payment option.
The mobile phones are dramatically increased over a decade. The conversion through mobile was earlier low as the ecommerce websites were not mobile-friendly. A proper action was initiated by making mobile-friendly sites to make the customer purchase experiencing the same as with the browser surfing.
These were some aspects and features highlighted to have a command over the ecommerce world as like Amazon. There are innumerous platforms offering platforms for ecommerce solutions. With distinction in their features, you can choose any of the platforms as a perfect match for your individual business model. Whether you are launching any conventional ecommerce store or any multi-vendor marketplace, the below list will save your extra effort and time.
The Shopify is a Canadian based ecommerce platform helping the online businesses across the globe with ecommerce platforms. The trending social ecommerce and apps shopping is being well developed by Shopify to attract numerous customers. The Shopify was founded in 2004 and since then the company is evolving and rising well-ahead in the ecommerce technologies and trends. The powerful features and additions to your shopping sites will never leave any customer to buy from you.
- Impeccable plug-ins, themes, and extensions
- Mobile-friendly seller apps, shopping cart, and
- Support for the customers through live chat, phone and other mean, tutorials and a powerful community forum.
Some awful features of Shopify:
- An additional transaction fee is liable to pay if not utilizing the Shopify payment platform.
- An extreme liquidity in the coding language of Shopify leads the ecommerce owners to pay a high price for customization
The final verdict:
The ecommerce beginner entrepreneurs in need of a conventional ecommerce solution can be favored with the Shopify platform. It is quite convenient to boost and give a kick start to your setup through Shopify. According to your requirements, you can choose any of the plans ranging amidst $29/month and $299/month.
Another ecommerce shopping cart platform established in 2008 is Magento. The Magento is another shopping cart platform offering open source ecommerce website platform. The platform is quite reliable and scalable making it most proficient and prominent in most of the popular ecommerce platforms of these days. Various prominent brands such as Burger King, Pepe Jeans, Liverpool FC, Huawei and much more brands have their website built over Magento.
The exceptional features:
- Open source with infinite customization options
- Extremely scalable with up to 9000 plug-ins and extensions
- No cost for social media extensions
- Easy to use and manage
Some awful features of Magento:
- A requirement of programming team is essential
- Only the basic version is free of cost and there’s a rate tag for the enterprise version
- Without programmers, you need to shell-out at least $20000 per year or need to hire a third party programmers
The final verdict:
The entrepreneurs with large products range have the right choice of Magento. The Small to medium sized business should not prefer Magento due to its complex store setup and other high-end technical requirements.
An ecommerce solution for SMBs to boost their ecommerce business is the YoKart platform. The YoKart is specialized in multi-vendor and the latest version of it has even bigger punch. The platform features multilingual and multi-currency support allowing the owners to reach all over the globe. There are a plethora of gateway payments, a developed analytic tool, various coupons and discounts management features and much more.
- Mobile-friendly website and has dedicated apps for Android and Apple devices
- Get a source code of the website instead of a framework along with the lifetime license
- One year free technical assistance
- In-built product catalog system
- The programmers should be well-versed in PHP coding to customize the YoKart.
- The YoKart is developed especially for SMBs, thus a large enterprise needs to make enormous customization unlike Magneto designed for large enterprises.
The final verdict:
The startup packages being the most affordable at just $249 are the best solution for SMBs in the ecommerce world. Once you are confirmed about the status of your ecommerce site, you can conveniently upgrade to higher versions.
BigCommerce has more than 60,000 online stores and is regarded as one of the most prominent ecommerce platforms for enterprises. From famous brands such as Toyota, Martha to many SMBs, BigCommerce had boosted many of the businesses to launch their storefront and make them renowned across the globe.
- Zero transaction fee
- Impeccable themes with consistent user experience on mobile as well as desktop
- Convenient integration with Facebook, eBay and much more sites
- Minimum numbers of free themes
- Does not support multi-vendor support as like Amazon shopping platform
The final verdict:
BigCommerce can be proven to be a most potential ecommerce software provider for the entrepreneurs to have hassle free coding and other technical hurdles.
An ecommerce platform is not the only solution to your growing business. These were some impeccable and top shopping cart platforms offering amazing services to their clients. The pros and cons are mentioned not to find faults among them but to choose wisely according to the platform serving best for your business. Choose wisely the best one and watch your business rising ahead.